Blogging is a great way to express yourself, connect with other people, and grow your audience. But when it comes down to it, there are so many different ways to get started — and one of them is Medium!
This article will cover some of the reasons why blogging on Medium might be worth considering:
Medium is your friend.
Medium is your friend. If you’re looking for a tool that’s easy to use and will help you get your message out there, then Medium is the one. It has all of the features necessary for writing including images, making it easier than ever before to share what you’ve written with others. In addition, Medium provides a number of ways for readers to find new content: through tags and categories, or by following authors or influencers!
People actually read it.
Medium is a place where people share their work, and it’s a good place to get noticed. People read Medium because they want to be inspired, or learn something new. In addition to being able to find ideas in other articles, you can also find people who are interested in your topic and will be excited about what you have to say.
If you’re ready to start blogging on Medium but don’t know where to begin or how much time it takes, this guide will help get started right away!
Social media doesn’t distract from the reading experience.
One of the great things about Medium is that you can focus on your writing, rather than being distracted by social media noise. If you’re working on a blog post and need to check your Twitter or Facebook feed for updates, it’s easy to just hit “refresh” in your browser or open up another tab and see what’s happening there instead.
That said if you want more information about what other people are writing about, or even better: join them!
You can post more than just text.
You can also post images, audio, and video. If you are writing a blog post about a topic that has something to do with the internet, then it’s likely that there will be some sort of infographic or picture in your article.
If you want to include more information about your readership than just text on Medium, consider adding links at the end of each sentence so people can go directly from the article onto another website or blog post related to what they’ve read.
Your posts are easy to find.
- You can find your posts easily.
- You can search for your posts by clicking on the name of the publication you write for, or by typing in the title of one of your articles.
- If you’re logged in to Medium with a Google account, this is even easier: simply search for “your username” and it will show up under “LinkedIn Publications.”
Everyone knows you’re not just selling them something.
- You can post anything you want.
- You can write about anything you want.
- You can write about your own experiences, or about other people’s experiences.
- You can write about things that interest you and are important to YOU (like this article!).
It’s a compact, no-frills website.
Medium is a no-frills website that’s easy to use and fast. You can find your way around easily and focus on writing without having to deal with distractions like ads and popups.
You can collaborate with other writers and publications.
- You can collaborate with other writers and publications.
- You can publish your own work, as well as other people’s.
- You can publish your own work in different formats, such as PDF or HTML.
You can earn money with your writing.
You can earn money through Medium.
- Getting paid for your posts: If you want to monetize your writing, there are two ways that work best: Either through sponsored content or affiliate links. In the case of sponsored content, you get paid by a company or organization to write about their product or service and promote it in your article.
- The more people read that post, the more money they’ll pay you; but if no one reads it or if too few people do, then no one will ever see any ads from that organization again—and thus no money earned!
This is why some bloggers will only accept payment through sponsored posts: They don’t want their readers to see an ad every time they visit their site!
The second way is affiliate links—whereby someone pays an author when they click on an affiliate link at the bottom of an article page within Medium itself not just on another website. This means when someone clicks on these links while reading through something written by one writer online somewhere else online…
It’s easy to start and grow an audience.
It’s easy to start and grow an audience.
You can start a blog in just a few minutes, and the platform is free for anyone who wants to use it. You’ll get access to tools like Calibre, which lets you convert content from one format into another so that it looks good on Medium or anywhere else like your website. If you’ve written a post that people like, they can share it with their friends and followers on social media—and if they do this often enough, those readers might end up following your blog as well!
If you have an existing blog already, consider sharing some of those posts on Medium too—it’s another way for people who don’t know about your site yet but want something new from what they see elsewhere online could find out about both at once!
Starting a blog on Medium has some great advantages
If you’ve been thinking about starting a blog, but haven’t found the right platform yet, Medium is a great place to start.
Here are some reasons why:
- It’s easy to find readers. In addition to its high visibility on social media and search engines, Medium has an impressive number of followers who read everything from news articles and essays about current events to short stories about life experiences and personal reflections.
- If you have something interesting or funny about your life or experiences or if it’s simply something that happened, there are likely other writers who can connect with that same audience!
- You can post more than just text. You don’t have to limit yourself when writing for this platform—you can also include images and videos in your posts so that readers get even more value out of them! Plus if someone wants more information about what’s happening in their lives currently then they’ll appreciate being able to speak directly through one medium rather than having multiple sources telling different stories.
We think Medium is one of the top platforms to start your blog. It has everything you need to get started, including a free app for both iPhone and Android. You can post text and pictures, collaborate with other writers, earn money through ads or sponsorships, and grow an audience quickly.