In today’s content-driven world, you don’t have to be an expert on a topic to establish authority. You just need to give people what they want, and then make them feel like they’ve earned it in order to build authority.
Do something different.
The most important thing you can do is to be creative. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel or come up with something new, but you do need to think outside of it.
If you want to blog about fitness and health, try looking at other blogs that have already built authority and see where they’ve succeeded and failed in improving upon an existing idea.
- What did those bloggers do well?
- What could have been improved upon?
- How can we take that information and apply it here?
Another way would be finding out what makes other people’s blogs successful so far as well as possible improvements for yours!
This isn’t always possible though; sometimes things just happen organically without any real effort put into planning ahead beforehand. Also sometimes things fall short because there wasn’t enough time spent brainstorming ideas beforehand.
Take risks to build authority in your blogging niche
The best way to build authority is by taking risks.
In your content, take risks with the topics you write about.
You can also vary the tone of your writing—from funny to serious, from sarcastic to unbiased, from angry to sympathetic…the possibilities are endless!
Engage your community to build authority.
- Create a community around your blog.
- Ask for feedback and respond to comments.
- Create a forum for discussions with other bloggers who are in the same niche as you, or even people outside of it!
Connect with other bloggers to build authority.
- Network with other bloggers.
- Join a Facebook group or forum dedicated to your blogging niche, and get involved in it.
- You can also share your content on other people’s blogs or podcasts, as long as you’re not asking them to promote you. This will help build trust among industry leaders and give you the opportunity to learn from their experiences—and then share them!
Give back to build authority.
It can help you build a network of people who have similar interests, and it will also show others that you’re a trustworthy source of information.
Here are some ways you can give back:
- Help new bloggers in your niche by answering questions on forums or giving advice when they ask for it.
- Comment on other blogs that share similar content with yours, especially those with high search traffic (this is called “curation” ).
- If there’s an event happening in your community that relates to what you do, attend!
- You may even want to volunteer at it if possible. It only takes one person doing something extra-special before other people will notice how awesomely helpful their neighbor is being!
You don’t have to be an expert to build authority in your blogging niche
You don’t have to be an expert to establish authority in your niche. In fact, the more you do something different and take risks, the more likely you are to establish authority.
Here are some ways that bloggers can build their authority:
- Connecting with other bloggers. This is one of the most effective ways of establishing credibility and building trust with people who may not already be following your blog closely. It also helps build relationships with influencers who might be able to help promote your work or share their own expertise on Twitter or Facebook.
- Taking chances. If you’re afraid of making mistakes while blogging, then this isn’t going anywhere for you!
- Google Eat Check out this blog post which talks about how can you build authority by following Google EAT to build authority.
What is the best way to build authority in your blogging niche?
Make your blog content more interesting, fun, or informative. Network with other bloggers or influencers in your niche to build authority.
Do you need to be an expert to build authority in your blogging niche?
No, you need to give value to your readers. If you connect with other influencers and bloggers in your niche and take chances you can build authority in your blogging niche.
Why build authority in your blogging niche?
High-authority blogs have a higher chance of getting backlinks, and traffic that earns you good income.
Blogging is a powerful way to build authority in your niche. But it takes hard work and dedication. And there’s no shame in taking some time off from blogging if you need to step back for a bit and regroup before diving back into the fray again!