Interactive content refers to digital content that actively engages and involves the user in the experience. It is designed to encourage interaction, feedback, and participation from the user, as opposed to traditional static content that simply presents information for the user to read and absorb.
Examples of interactive content include quizzes, surveys, polls, games, calculators, interactive infographics, and chatbots. Interactive content can help to increase engagement, build brand loyalty, and generate leads by giving users a more active role in the content they are consuming. It also provides valuable insights and data to the creator, allowing them to improve their overall content strategy.
Interactive content is an effective way of keeping users on a website or webpage for longer, and also of gaining their trust and loyalty.
Here are a few ways you can create interactive content for your website:
Create a quiz related to your industry or product that people can take to test their knowledge or find out more about themselves. Quizzes can be shared easily on social media and can generate a lot of backlinks.
A quiz can add interactivity to content by allowing users to test their knowledge and understanding of the content.
Here are a few ways to create an interactive quiz:
- Online Quiz Tools: There are many online quiz tools available that allow you to create and publish interactive quizzes without the need for coding. These tools often have pre-built templates and features such as question shuffling, timer, and automatic grading.
- Interactive Quiz Game: you can create interactive Quiz game using Unity, Unreal engine or other game engines, it will make a more interactive and fun way to engage users with the content
Quiz is a way of making the content more interactive by allowing users to actively engage with it and test their understanding. It allows users to check their own understanding and make the learning process more interesting.
There are several plugins available for popular blogging platforms such as WordPress that allow you to easily create and embed quizzes in your blog posts. Some popular options include Quiz Cat and Gravity Forms.
Surveys are a great way to gather data and feedback from your audience. Use the results of the survey to create a blog post or infographics that can be shared on social media.
Surveys can make content more interactive by allowing users to provide feedback and input on the content.
Here are a few ways that surveys can be used to make content more interactive:
- Feedback Surveys: Feedback surveys can be used to gather user input on the content. They can be used to gather information on the effectiveness of the content, identify areas for improvement, and gather suggestions for future content.
- Pre- and Post-Assessment Surveys: Surveys can be used to assess user’s understanding of the content before and after they engage with it. This can be used to gauge the effectiveness of the content and identify areas where users may need additional support.
- Interactive Surveys: Surveys can also be made interactive by using multimedia elements, such as images and videos, or by using interactive questions such as drag-and-drop or matching questions.
- Surveys as a part of Gamification: Surveys can be used as a part of Gamification, for example, a survey can be part of a game where a user has to answer some questions correctly to proceed to the next level.
Surveys can make content more interactive by allowing users to provide input and feedback on the content, and by allowing content creators to gather valuable information on the effectiveness of their content.
Use an online survey tool: Websites such as SurveyMonkey or Google Forms allow you to create surveys or polls and embed them on your blog post using an HTML code or iFrame.
Polls are a quick and easy way to get feedback from your audience. You can use polls on social media or on your website to ask questions about your industry or product.
Polls can make content more interactive by allowing users to express their opinions and participate in real-time decision making.
Here are a few ways that polls can be used to make content more interactive:
- Real-time Opinion Polls: Polls can be used to gather opinions on a particular topic or issue in real-time. This allows users to express their opinions and view the opinions of others, creating a sense of community and engagement.
- Interactive Quizzes: Polls can be used as a form of interactive quizzes, where users are presented with a statement or question and asked to choose from a set of predefined answers.
- Interactive Surveys: Polls can be used as a form of interactive surveys, where users are asked to rate or rank a set of items or options.
- Live Polls: Live polls can be used in live events, such as webinars or conferences, to gather real-time feedback and opinion from attendees.
- Gamification: Polls can be used as a part of Gamification, for example, a poll can be part of a game where a user has to choose the correct answer to proceed to the next level.
Polls can make content more interactive by allowing users to express their opinions and participate in real-time decision making, thus creating a sense of community and engagement.
Use a poll widget, Websites such CrowdSignal or Straw Poll provide poll widgets that you can easily add to your blog post by copying and pasting a code snippet.
Infographics are a great way to present information in an easy-to-understand format. Make your infographics interactive by including hover-over text, clickable buttons, and other interactive elements.
Interactive infographics make interactive content by adding interactive elements to traditional static infographics.
This can be done by using various techniques such as:
- Hyperlinking: Adding hyperlinks to specific sections of the infographic that take the user to more detailed information or related content.
- Hover Effects: Adding hover effects to sections of the infographic that reveal more information or additional visual elements when the user hovers over them.
- Animation: Adding animation to sections of the infographic to make the information more dynamic and engaging.
- Interactive Elements: Adding interactive elements such as sliders, buttons, or drop-down menus that allow the user to explore the information in different ways or access additional information.
Interactive infographics make content more interactive by allowing users to engage with the information in different ways and access additional information, making the experience more dynamic and engaging.
Use a chatbot
A chatbot can also be integrated into your blog post as a form of interactive content. These can be used to conduct quizzes and surveys, and also to ask questions or start a poll.
Chatbots can make content more interactive by allowing users to interact with the content in a conversational manner.
Here are a few ways that chatbots can be used to make content more interactive:
- Natural Language Processing: Chatbots use natural language processing (NLP) to understand and respond to user input, allowing users to interact with the content in a conversational manner.
- Search and Retrieval: Chatbots can be used to search for and retrieve specific information from a large dataset, making it more accessible to users.
- Personalization: Chatbots can provide personalized responses to user input, tailoring the content to the user’s specific needs or interests.
- Helpdesk: Chatbot can also be used as a virtual help desk, where users can ask questions and get answers.
Chatbots can make content more interactive by allowing users to interact with the content in a conversational manner, personalizing the experience, and making it more engaging and accessible.
Also, To boost your backlink acquisition, it’s important to reach out to other websites and offer them the opportunity to embed your interactive content on their site. This can help increase the visibility of your content and generate backlinks.
Additionally, you can reach out to the influencers in your industry and ask them to share your interactive content with their audience.
Make sure to include a call-to-action encouraging readers to participate in the quiz, survey, or poll, and to share their results with friends.