Guest blogging is a powerful way to get backlinks, but it can be difficult to do well. If you’re not careful, it can look like you’re just trying to game the system by posting content on other people’s blogs and hoping that they’ll publish it as their own.
But if you follow these tips, then your future guest blogging efforts will be more likely to succeed:
What Is Guest Blogging?
Guest blogging is a great way to build your brand, increase traffic to your website and rank higher in search engines.
In this article, we’re going to look at what guest blogging is and why it’s important for SEO. We’ll also discuss how it helps with lead generation, what types of blogs you should not guest blog on and who should be careful when they do so.
Who Are You Writing For?
When you write guest posts, it’s important to understand who your audience is. You need to know what they want, how they feel, and why they are doing what they are doing. If you write for a specific blog or website, then make sure that this information is included in the post.
When writing guest articles, it’s always helpful if there is some kind of relationship between the blogger and the writer. For example: if one person writes on behalf of another person or organization then there may be more trust in that relationship than an individual who just writes about himself/herself without any real connection with another party involved.
If someone does not have much experience at all when it comes down to having their own blog; but still wants help getting started then perhaps he/she would benefit from hiring someone else instead so as not to waste time trying something new out until after knowing more about what works best before committing fully yourself fully 100% without fail.
Choosing The Right Publications
When you’re looking for publications to guest blog for, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First, it’s important that the publication you choose is relevant to your business. For example, if you are an online marketing agency and have clients who use social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn, then it makes sense that they would be interested in hearing about how these platforms could improve their business too!
Second, make sure that the publication has a high domain authority score (DA). This means that when someone searches for something related to what you do on Google like “online marketing agency Los Angeles CA”—the results will come up using only words related directly back at yourself as opposed to being some random person who lives thousands of miles away.
What Should You Write About?
Write about what you know. Guest blogging is an excellent way for bloggers and small businesses who have expertise in certain areas of the industry to share their knowledge with others who might benefit from it—especially if those others are potential customers! If there is something that you have experience with, then this is an opportunity worth taking advantage of by writing about it on your blog.
How to Pitch Your Idea
When pitching your idea, it’s important to note that the editor is not obligated to write back. They may not even respond at all, but if they do respond and tell you no, don’t take it personally! Instead, ask them why they didn’t like your topic or why they weren’t interested in publishing your article as-is.
If an editor does agree to write about one of these topics (and honestly who wouldn’t?), then there are two things that need to happen before we can start working on our guest post:
How to Write an Amazing Piece
Writing an amazing piece of content is all about having a great headline, using your or my voice, making sure you have a call to action, and then getting your point across in bite-sized chunks.
Here are some tips for writing an amazing piece:
- Start with a good headline that grabs the reader’s attention. If possible, don’t use keywords in your title—it should be descriptive of what they’ll find inside so they know what they’re getting into.
- Write as if you were talking directly to them—use bullet points and lists when appropriate; make sure each point is clear and concise but also easy enough for anyone interested in learning more about whatever topic it relates to.
- Use subheadings throughout the post if applicable. This will help break up long paragraphs without sacrificing readability overall!
On-Page SEO Tips For Guest Posts
- Choose the right keywords.
- Use a title that is relevant to the content of your post and its audience.
- Create a meta description that is relevant to the content of your post, but not too long or overly promotional.
- Use keywords in both titles and descriptions as well as URLs this will help Google index them.
Off-Page SEO Tips For Guest Posts
- Create a good author bio
- Use a good keyword in the title
- Use a good keyword in the URL, meta description, and content i.e., what you write.
- Use an image alt text that includes your keyword as well i.e., if you’re writing about something related to travel then use “travel” as an image alt text.
Follow these tips and you will get a lot of social traction.
Social media is a great way to get traffic and traction. If you’re not using it, you need to start.
Here are some tips:
- Find your audience on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Then create content that appeals to them—and only them! For example, if you’re a car company that sells cars in the United States only like Ford, then focus on content related solely to Americans who live here.
- Share valuable information about your business so people know what makes it unique from other companies in its niche market category area(s) where potential customers might be looking for products.
The best way to do this is to start a blog of your own, but if you don’t have time then guest blogging is an option. It’s quick and easy to get started, so give it a try!