Digital marketing is the term used for promoting goods or services using digital technologies, with the internet as the main platform. Digital marketing tools include content marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, and more. This ultimate guide to digital marketing will demystify it, for you to benefit from it.
Advantages of digital marketing:
- Conveniently reach your target audience at any time
- Easily track metrics and performance to improve upon them
- Build relationships with customers that continue long after a sale has been made
How to build your digital marketing team.
The best digital marketing team is one that is diverse in skill and experience. Each member of your team needs to be able to do many different things and challenge the status quo. The ultimate digital marketing team will consist of the following roles:
- A content marketer
- An influencer marketing manager
- A social media manager
- An SEO specialist
- A PR professional
- A web developer
- A graphic designer
- An email specialist
Digital marketing strategy
To avoid falling into a trap like this, you need to take the time to know yourself on a deep level—to establish your own goals.
In any business activity, planning is everything. You must have clear and precise goals before moving forward. Your vision of what you want to achieve will guide your decision-making process from the beginning to the end of any marketing project or campaign.
Do not compare yourself to others when setting goals. The goal should be something you really want, not something someone else wants for you! It must be challenging while remaining realistic and achievable.
For example, in the fitness industry, a tangible goal may be losing 10 pounds in three months or running 100 miles in six months.
How to be successful in digital marketing
Digital marketing is one of the most important aspects of running a business—especially one that’s built on constant connections with its customers. Digital marketing is more than just a fad; it’s now necessary to keep up with your competitors, and even surpass them. But what exactly is digital marketing?
Digital marketing refers to any online advertising efforts or assets. Email campaigns, social media posts, search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, and unique websites are all considered digital marketing. Anybody can do it, but not everybody does it right. Although digital marketing has replaced many traditional forms of advertising in recent years, some people still consider social media and content creation to be part of this umbrella term. Digital marketing also sometimes overlaps with traditional methods used in direct mail or print advertising campaigns.
How to make the most out of social media platforms.
Social media is great for building your brand and making sure you’re engaging with your customers. The key to getting the most out of social media is choosing the right platform depending on who your audience is and having a consistent tone of voice.
You can use social media to promote new products, services, blog posts, or contests. You just need to make sure that you’re using the correct platform to reach your audience. Using a consistent tone of voice will help people recognize your brand when they see it on social media.
The growth of content marketing.
While traditional advertising focuses on selling your product or service, content marketing focuses on providing value to your target audience. With content marketing, you communicate to your customers without selling anything. You are delivering information that makes your buyer make an informed decision. In other words: Through quality industry-related content you establish yourself as an expert in the field – which will make people turn to you for answers when they are ready to make a purchase decision.
This narrow focus has made it possible for content marketing strategies to grow exponentially over the past few years – both in terms of search engine optimization (SEO) performance and viewer engagement.
What tools should you use in digital marketing?
While tools are important, they are only as good as the person using them. So, before you figure out your tool stack, it’s important to think about how you can improve your general digital marketing skills. With those skills in mind, your company should focus on finding and learning tools that will help them reach their end goal. There are a variety of different digital marketing resources available to choose from—including free and paid options—and figuring out which ones will be best for your business can quickly become overwhelming.
To get started, we’ve put together a list of five key types of tools you should consider when building out your stack:
- Data-driven tools
- Individual channel management tools
- Omnichannel management tools
- Web tracking and analytics
- Cross channel campaign management
Key influencers in the world of digital marketing.
Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter… This year alone has seen a huge amount of consumer-facing digital marketing take off. So what are these titans of technology doing to gain your attention?
Neil Patel is the youngest-ever Indian-American entrepreneur to reach unicorn status.
Rand Fishkin is the founder and CEO of Moz, a search engine optimization and marketing startup that helps businesses become more visible online. He was also instrumental in creating the Moz Pro service for agencies who want to sell content online.
Seth Godin is best known as a New York Times bestselling author (and a frequent speaker at conferences). But made software company and sold to Yahoo! for $30 million.
Digital marketing is an essential way to keep up with customer demands and build customer loyalty and brand awareness.
You will want to embrace digital marketing for many reasons. It is an essential way to keep up with customer demands, and build customer loyalty, and brand awareness.
- Digital marketing keeps you in touch with your customers.
- It builds brand awareness.
- Digital marketing builds customer loyalty if it is done right and offers a good user experience.
- It is a great way to test new ideas and keep ahead of your competitors in the marketplace.
The latest trend in digital marketing.
Social media leaves a huge impact on the digital marketing industry. This can be seen in how many people use social media every day. An average person spends about 145 Minutes on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media platforms. It has become an integral part of our daily lives.
As a business owner, you should have your social media accounts on all the platforms that are relevant to your business. You can reach out to a lot more people through this platform as compared to any other platform. Social media also connects with your customers which helps build brand awareness and thus increases sales.
Content is The King of Online Marketing
Content is one of the best marketing tools in this day and age. It has a huge role in not only getting your brand out there but also making it stand out from the crowd. Original content can really boost your brand to great heights if done correctly.
Nowadays, content marketing is all about storytelling. Storytelling plays a major role in the success of content marketing because stories have the power to emotionally engage customers with your brand and make them loyal to it in return. It’s important that your audience develops an emotional attachment to your brand because at the end of the day they want to feel good about what they’re buying or supporting.
This strategy has been used by many successful companies like Coca-Cola, Netflix, and Nike!
Responsive Website Design
Responsive design is a method of developing websites so that they look and function properly on any device. It allows for sites to be optimized for different browsing experiences, whether it’s on a mobile phone, tablet, or large desktop computer.
It’s no secret that mobile internet use has surpassed desktop traffic. In fact, mobile users are projected to become the majority of internet users by 2022.
In an effort to keep up with this trend, most new websites you visit today are designed with responsiveness in mind and scale down nicely when viewed on a smaller device. However, not all sites were built this way and may not be optimized for mobile devices at all!
Have you heard of chatbots?
Also sometimes called messenger bots or virtual agents, they’re a type of program that allows users to interact with a computer instead of another human. They are typically used as a customer service tool, but can also be used for marketing, sales, and lead generation.
Chatbots can either live in an app (such as Facebook Messenger) or on the company’s website.
Online visibility is key to success
Nothing has changed the way we live and work more than the internet. It’s why so many companies are moving their business online. And it’s why you need to be online too!
It’s not just about having a website. You need to make sure that your customers can find you when they search for you on Google. That means having good SEO.
Top digital marketing strategies
1. Identify your goals
No matter what your industry is, it’s important to set goals when you’re launching a digital marketing campaign. These goals should be specific and achievable—i.e., they must meet the criteria of being measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely (aka SMART). They can include the following:
- Increasing brand awareness
- Boosting sales conversion rates
- Driving website traffic Generating leads
2. Build an effective email list
Email marketing is an effective way to deliver a personal message to an audience of interested people. But you can’t start using email marketing after you’ve built your company; it’s something that should be done throughout the entire process. You need to figure out who needs to be on your list from the get-go, and then add people as they come along. As for how you build this list, here are some tips:
- Gather addresses from social media follows, newsletter signups, and past clients
- Let customers know that by signing up with their email address and name, they will receive exclusive discounts or special offers
- Don’t force people to give out their personal information; allow them to stay anonymous if they want
3. Use Search Engine Optimization
Since the inception of the Internet, marketers have had to make a number of changes in their jobs. With so many options for information, it’s important to focus on what will really help your business succeed.
Making use of SEO tools can help boost your search engine marketing results and give you an edge on competitors. With this in mind, here are some ways that you can improve your search engine marketing:
- Use keywords in your content by doing extensive Keyword Research. Use keywords throughout your content to find those with similar interests and create engaging content that can attract more customers or create a closer relationship with current customers. You might be surprised by the number of people searching online for certain phrases; making sure that you are delivering exactly what they are looking for will make them much more interested in reading through your site and converting into a customer sooner rather than later.
4. Use the right marketing tools
In order to grow and prosper in today’s modern business world, you need to have a sophisticated digital marketing toolset. Luckily, there are plenty of great tools out there to help you– but how do you know which ones are the best fit for your company?
That’s what we’ll be answering today! In this article, we’ll be looking at several of the top digital marketing tools and discussing how they can help you grow your business through effective content and social media management.
5. Launch a blog
- Decide what type of blog you want to create
- Choose a blogging platform, such as WordPress or Blogger. These platforms offer user-friendly templates for both blogs and websites, plus helpful design tools and other features. While it is possible to create a blog without these platforms, they make the task significantly simpler. You will also be required to host your own “self-hosted” blog if you don’t use a blogging platform—this is when you have to purchase server space from another company and manage your own site.
- Pick a good domain name for your blog. This can be done through:
- The domain registrar that your hosting account is set up with (most often, this will be the same company)
- A third party such as Namecheap, Hover, or Gandi (three popular choices).
6. Use social media (the right way)
Social media is an amazing tool to connect with consumers and build your brand if you use it effectively. But before you start creating social media profiles, make sure you have a solid strategy in place.
First, define the problem that you’re trying to solve. Sensible social media strategies are always built on this foundation. For example:
- Are we trying to create brand awareness?
- Are we trying to drive more traffic to our website?
- Do we want more people to sign up for our free trial?
Next, set goals for your campaign that can be measured via analytics tools. While it’s great to set ambitious goals for yourself, you should stay realistic here as well. Make sure your goals are attainable within a reasonable amount of time so that you don’t get discouraged when things don’t go according to plan straight away.
7. Build relationships with influencers
You’ve identified the influencers in your industry, now it’s time to build a relationship with them. The word “influencer” is a bit of a misnomer. They don’t have to use their influence on your behalf, they simply offer an opportunity for you to get in front of more people and that’s it.
With that said, these are the people that you want to develop relationships with because they can amplify your message and drive qualified leads back to your website. There are several different ways influencers can help boost your company’s digital marketing efforts:
- Co-marketing possibilities: They can co-host webinars, joint blog posts or content offers, host contests together, or creates videos together.
- Content shares: This is one of the easiest ways for them to support you without requiring much on their part—they simply share what you’re doing on their social media channels so their followers can see it as well.
- Product reviews: This is where the power of an influencer really comes into play—when someone familiar with your product or service talks about how great it is in front of potential customers who trust this person’s opinion.
8. Create videos
Video is the most effective format for conveying information, and it’s no wonder why: It’s easier to digest than text, and it allows you to get your point across in a simple and entertaining way. Additionally, when people watch videos, they stay on your site longer and engage more with your brand. Both of those factors increase the likelihood of conversion.
What’s more, videos are easy to share via email or social media—making them a great asset for marketing automation workflows. And because they’re so engaging, people are likely to remember what they’ve seen even after the video is over (especially if you include a memorable closing sentence).
9. Use targeted content to reach your audience
Targeted content is an excellent way to reach your audience. Use a combination of text, images, and videos in your message, along with keywords that will help you rank higher on search results. Promote these pieces on all your available social media channels – ask followers, friends, and family to like and share the content for greater exposure.
Use an analytics tool to monitor how many people are viewing your content, how long they’re staying engaged with it (this is called “dwell time”), and which other pages they’ve visited after accessing it.
You can create a great digital marketing strategy for free, or for very little money
You can create a great digital marketing strategy for free, or for very little money if you know how to use your time wisely and invest in the right tools at the right time. This is what you need to do:
- Don’t over-invest in tools if you don’t have the time to use them: You will save a lot of money by investing in the correct resources at the correct times. If you don’t have the required skills in-house, look for freelancers on UpWork, Guru, and Freelancer who can help with specific tasks rather than hiring full employees.
- Invest in tools that are relevant to your business: Never invest more money than is necessary into any tool. If you are setting up an e-commerce website and all your sales are going through that website, it may be worth investing in enterprise reporting software that can give you much more detail about the customers visiting your site and how they’re using it.