- Google Search: Free. Go to google.com, search for keywords and see what is ranking well for those terms.
- Google Analytics: Free. Google Analytics is one of the most popular tools used by SEOs to improve their rankings and conversions. It allows you to monitor traffic sources, page views, bounce rates, time spent on a site, and many other numbers. You can also see which keywords are driving the most traffic to your website. Furthermore, it integrates with Google Search Console so that you can better understand how users interact with your site. You can filter data by device type, location, audience behavior, and more.
- Google Search Console: Free. This tool will help you determine how many people are visiting your site from the search results pages (SERPs), which keywords they’re using to get there, and how those searches are trending over time (both in terms of volume and position).
- Google Keyword Planner: Free with a Google Ads account or $11/month. This tool helps you find keywords that have buying intent behind them—that is, words or phrases that indicate that someone is ready or close to making a purchase decision. It also offers suggestions based on existing websites or landing pages you already have in place (or plan on creating).
- Google Trends: The Google Trends will show you how often specific search terms and phrases are typed into Google’s engines. This information can be helpful to determine public interest in a subject matter at any given time, which helps when deciding what keywords to target for your digital marketing campaigns.
If you’re in search of a keyword rank checker tool to help you monitor your keyword rankings and offer you a detailed report on your search engine rankings, then Rank Tracker is the perfect SEO tool for you.
This SEO ranking software allows tracking of local as well as international search results, with unlimited keywords and unlimited domains.
Rank Tracker also gives you the ability to track your competitor’s keyword rankings and creates customized reports according to your need.
It is one of the best and most popular SEO tools available in the market today.
Screaming Frog helps with crawling, finding broken links, creating XML sitemaps, finding duplicate content, analyzing page titles and meta, finding redirect chains, and more.
There’s also a paid version of the Screaming Frog tool that lets you crawl more than 500 URLs at once (you can only crawl up to 500 URLs at once with the free version), integrates with Google Analytics and Search Console, allows you to generate custom source code search reports and much more.
One of the best SEO tools on the market is Accuranker Rank Tracker. This amazing tool allows you to track your competitors in plain language and discover which keywords your competitors are ranking for.
It’s a fast and reliable tool with a lot of cool features that make it perfect for tracking competitors:
- Displays rankings instantly.
- Tracks more than just top spots!
- Can track thousands as well as long-tail keywords.
MOZ is a full suite of SEO tools is available for purchase under your Moz Pro account (https://moz.com/pro).
The suite includes a keyword explorer, a crawl test generator, an on-page grader tool (that lets you check link strength & authority), site crawls to find technical issues and metadata problems, as well as a link explorer to see who links to your competitors and what those sites are saying about their own links.
SEMrush is one of the most popular tools for competitive keyword research. SEMrush’s toolkit is designed to help you increase traffic and improve rankings by making improvements to your website.
One of the most effective ways to do that is with a site audit. A site audit will show you exactly how search engines see your website, so you can make small changes that lead to big results.
SEMrush’s site audit tool provides an actionable list of issues on your site and how to fix them, with detailed instructions for fixing each issue. Issues include things like duplicate content, redirect chains, broken links, missing alt text on images, and much more.
Ahrefs is one of the most famous SEO tools by which you can perform keyword research, competitor analysis, and rank tracking.
It is also a great tool to find out your competitors’ backlinks; this helps you to know the links that are helping their sites to earn a good ranking in search engines.
You can use Ahrefs to learn about your competitor’s keywords and then use them in your content.
SpyFu is a great tool for SEO keyword research and for analyzing your competitors’ organic search results. It helps you to identify your competitors’ top rankings and paid keywords, the organic keywords they are bidding on, and the common keywords you share.
According to SpyFu, 95% of searchers never make it past the first page of Google results.
So, if you want to compete in keyword rankings and earn more traffic, you need a tool like SpyFu that can help you get to page 1 of Google results without having to attempt a million different phrases at once or spend thousands on PPC campaigns.
SpyFu also lets you find organic competitors that aren’t yet on your radar – this can be really valuable as it gives you a chance to capitalize on their strategy, but also beat them in search results before they become a bigger problem.
LinkResearchTools, or LRT, is an all-in-one link-building tool that can help you find backlinks and improve your search engine rankings.
It’s best for: Those who are looking to find backlinks.
LRT has a number of different tools that allow users to research backlinks, analyze websites and compare the performance of web pages with others.
Some stand out features include:
- Link Detox Boost — This feature allows users to check how many links will be disavowed after their next link detoxification and how this might change the Domain Authority of their website. Users can also see what they need to do to keep their website healthy after a detoxification process.
- DeepCrawl Integration — Provides alerting on page-level changes and a quick way to analyze crawl data from DeepCrawl by connecting both platforms together. It also helps you identify technical issues on the website that affect performance such as duplicate content issues, broken pages, and orphaned URLs from old domains without wasting too much time trying to look for them yourself.
Conductor Searchlight is a search visibility software that focuses on content marketing. Conductor implements sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to help you discover your customers’ intent and create relevant content to engage them in the right place, at the right time.
It’s a comprehensive platform for enterprise companies that gives them complete control of their content marketing strategy.
This tool has multiple features that include:
Content Marketing & Publishing: Create, customize and publish compelling content with ease. It’s super easy to use CMS lets you build pages fast and offers a full suite of collaboration tools so you can get optimized content up quickly.
Search Analytics: Get detailed insights into how visibility changes over time across keywords, pages, or entire sites by tracking search rankings and traffic as they change over time in comparison to your competitors.
Content Performance: It uses advanced machine learning algorithms to analyze your website visitor’s behavior and thus understand what sort of content will engage them. This helps in making more informed decisions about the best creative strategies for any campaign, product launch, or site redesign effort by analyzing data.
Content Strategy Planning: With experience from millions of web searches, this tool identifies opportunities for new articles & page topics based on popular queries that have high commercial intent — but currently aren’t ranked well.
SE Ranking is an all-in-one SEO and PPC tool that can help you improve your search engine rankings, save your time and money on daily tasks, and manage everything from one dashboard.
They offer keyword research, site audits, rank tracking, backlink monitoring, website optimization, competitor analysis, and reporting features.
This tool allows you to monitor your competitors’ marketing strategies so you will be able to learn from their mistakes.
Raven Tools has a lot of great features. It includes link checking, review monitoring, rank tracking, web page auditing, competitor analysis, and reporting.
This tool is great for keyword research and social media management as well! With Raven Tools, you can manage campaigns and white label results for your clients.
WordStream’s Free Tool provides you keyword information, including search volume for both broad and specific keyword variations.
The tool is easy to use and provides enough data to get you started on your keyword research without overwhelming you.
If you don’t have a premium WordStream subscription, this is a great tool to use as you first begin researching keywords – it’s free (no credit card required) and can be used at any time.
Once you’ve generated keyword ideas from the free tool, WordStream’s free trial offers deeper insights into how those terms perform for your business in pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns based on your location, industry, competitors, and more.
Ubersuggest is a keyword generator that’s free to use and super easy. All you have to do is type in a seed keyword, and then the tool will give you a huge list of keywords, with search volume and CPC.
It will also give you a list of questions people are asking, as well as related keywords. There’s even a section for competitor keywords.
It’s important to note that Ubersuggest is oftentimes inaccurate. To get the most out of it, make sure to cross-reference the data with other tools.
KWFinder is a free tool that can help you find out
What people are searching for and provide data on
How many searches are done for a term?
How much competition there is for that term?
How difficult it is to rank for a term?
What the click-through rate is for a term?
You can also see related keywords, which might inspire you with new ideas.
KWFinder helps you find hundreds of keyword suggestions from real user queries. It provides accurate search volume data and lets you group keywords by topic.
The tool compiles its data from Google AdWords, Google Trends, Google Suggest, Google Related, and Google Autocomplete.
SERPstat has features listed:
- Provides keyword suggestions
- Gives search volume stats
- Shows your keyword position among competitors’ rankings (or the lack thereof)
- Monitors your current ranking over time
- Identifies new keywords to rank for based on-site and competitor pages.
Answer the Public is a tool that doesn’t even require signup. Simply enter your topic or keyword and you’ll get a chart showing questions starting with “where,” “when,” and “why,” of terms that are related to your topic.
If you want more, Answer the Public Pro offers more features like advanced search controls, CSV download for keywords, and an ad preview tool to see how Google Ads will look for each keyword in your list.
The advanced search controls allow you to target specific countries (the free version only offers global data).
SEOmator offers a comprehensive SEO audit and keyword research tool, as well as the ability to check backlinks, track rankings, and analyze competitors.
The platform’s free version allows you to scan a website for five keywords, but if you want to access all features you’ll need to go for the premium plans starting at $19 per month.
Keywords Everywhere is a free chrome extension that shows keyword search volume, cost-per-click, and competition data of keywords on multiple websites.
It can be used on Google Search, Google Trends, YouTube, Amazon, and more.
All you need to do is install the chrome extension and you are good to go.
You can use this tool to find the right keywords for your page or post. It’s simple to do so: just create a list of relevant topics and phrases you might want to include in your content then run it through this tool.
SERP Simulator is a tool that tells you how your website will appear on the search engine results page (SERPs).
As the most complete SEO plugin for WordPress, Yoast SEO is THE tool to use. It’s super easy to optimize your site with it. Use the Yoast SEO plugin to:
- Write better content (get real-time feedback on your posts)
- Get more visitors from Google and Bing
- Attract more visitors from social media
- Grow your readership
- Increase your revenue